Monday, December 20, 2010

Santa's Lap!

My mom and I did some shopping at the mall. After riding the merry-go-round and walking by Santa a couple times, Belle decided she was ready to sit on his lap. We weren't sure how this was going to go, but to my astonishment she sat right down. You could tell she was a little frightened and stared with huge eyes at me. She didn't cry at all until the camera lady asked me to come behind the camera in hopes she'd look at the camera instead of me. The second I stepped back, Belle lost it. It about broke my heart because she thought I was leaving, but I was so proud of her for being brave for about 30 seconds!

I couldn't take a picture with my camera, blah. We had to purchase some from them, but here is how they turned out. The quality is bad because to post this, I had to take a picture of the picture with my camera. The real picture is much cuter!
Here we are making Christmas cookies to surprise dad when he got home from work. She had a good time smooshing the dough and pressing down on the cookie cutters.

I'm not sure who had more fun, Belle making the cookies or Sierra eating everything that dropped on the floor. It's nice having a Sierra around because we never need to use the vacuum or broom.So, I'm no Martha Stewart. I can't bake, cook, or do anything crafty. Our cookies turned into big blobs of nothing. So much for the cute Christmas cookie cutters! Oh well. We had fun decorating them in our own special way and Belle loved them no matter what they looked like.
Plus, they tasted delicious and we all enjoyed eating them!

Here is our best early Christmas present...Belle in a box!

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

Belle is so sweet, and I love your cookies! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas. Your last one as a family of 3 :-)