We've been working hard on getting the garage completed and this is pretty much all we did over the long weekend. There is still a ton to do, but today was the most exciting day because for the first time I drove out of the garage to the grocery store and returned home to park back into the garage. I know most of you probably don't find that very thrilling, but I sure did love the feeling of it! I will especially love it on that first freezing, cold, snowy day!!
Sierra has been working hard at helping us get the yard fixed back up (so she thinks). Here she is frantically digging a very nice hole which became a very soft and dirty napping area. I think she'll be sad when there is no longer dirt for her to make her cozy hole.


Below is a very classic photo.I have a number of pictures like this, all the way back to when Belle was very little. Sierra knows exactly when one of us is going to arrive home. I remember pulling up to the house when I got home from work to see Sierra's little head peeking out the window. I have NO idea how she knows this, but somehow she senses it. Belle often joins her to watch out the window for Jamie's arrival. This is them the other day and sure enough a few minutes later, Jamie pulled up. I have always cherished this moment because it is so darn cute. I'm sad to say this moment may end soon now that we have the garage. That is probably the only downfall of getting our garage. Maybe they'll just move to the window in the kitchen?

We started Mark on some rice cereal which didn't go over so well. He liked the idea of sitting at the table with us and enjoyed the spoon in his mouth, but could care less about the cereal. All of which went into his mouth and back out, down his chin and neck. We'll wait a couple more weeks and try again. I'm in no rush to be making meals for two kids. His meals are rather simple right now :)
I know this is probably one of the most dangerous items you can give a 5 month old, but put that aside for a minute and look at how much fun he his having playing with this plastic bubble wrap. Complete entertainment for a very active boy who is now all about putting things in his hands and mouth. We no longer have the tiny little boy that laid around or was carried around and slept the day away. In fact, sleeping is a thing of the past for Mark (and us). He suddenly got some "stay awake all day and night" super power. He's still extra cute and extra sweet even though we're all sleep deprived.
Another item of pure enjoyment. The laundry basket. I remember Belle loving this too. He is starting to sit up on his own for longer periods, but still needs some support.
Since working on the garage we have spent a lot of time outside. Here is Mark enjoying time in his jumparoo watching us dig or carry heavy items into the garage.
And Belle having a little snack after helping us out in the garage (which usually means she is playing with the hose and getting soaking wet and muddy). She has dug a few holes with her big shovels just like Jamie does.
1 comment:
That picture of Belle and Sierra is precious! And could Mark be any cuter? Seriously?! He is out of control. I can't wait to see you guys soon and catch up!
Post a Comment