We kicked off summer break with a trip to Buena Vista to camp with my sister and her family. I didn't get many photos and definitely not great photos since they were all taken with my phone, but the kids had a blast, as always, with each other. Here are the few snapshots I did get of the trip.
My sister did an adventure race (and got second overall even though she has retired from the racing) and the next day we did an orienteering race. They had a kids course which was a blast for them. They followed a map, a string, and searched for checkpoint prizes. Such a great idea! My mom and I did the adult version and were so incredibly good at using a compass and map!! Yes, we got lost at the 4th checkpoint out of 9 (and BC helped us with the first two) and had to call my sister to come find us. We 100% failed. I guess we needed a string to lead us. I'll leave the racing for my sister even though our weak attempt was fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment