Friday, August 20, 2010

18 Months!

It's hard to believe that Isabelle is 18 months old! She has become the independent toddler we have always heard about. She wants to do everything on her own, with no help. Nice at times and difficult at other times. Her independence makes us laugh! For example, Belle insisted on wearing this outfit yesterday. A shirt, her moon boots, and a diaper. So, that's what we did and she was very happy with her choice. Dad especially enjoyed her outfit when he got home from work! Nothing like a good laugh after work!
She also prefers to walk on her own these days and be in the lead. She is always on a mission and very serious during her walks.
Then when she decides she's had enough, she'll plop down and wait for you to carry her back to your original destination, which is usually not very close. But who can resist her cute face and we love that she is so into exploring the outdoors! And luckily she is still a little pipsqueak (about 21 lbs.), so it's not too hard to carry her.

The other night I put a video on so I could make dinner. When I came out to the living room I saw Belle using Sierra as her pillow. I thought it was so cute. We're pretty lucky to have such a sweet dog.

No comments: