Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Foreseeable Garage and Time With Holly!

Stop everything and listen....I know. You hear nothing because both kids are napping at the SAME time! So, I have some time to show you what's come (and gone) of our garage.

Here's the dump. It was used only as storage for anything we did not care about, so basically it was used for next to nothing. The only interesting thing about this garage was that we found out in the 1800's it was used for horses. They'd bring them in the back, open the wooden doors in the front, and let the horses graze in the yard. The little room off to the left was where they stored the hay. Jamie found a horseshoe while cleaning things out, so we'll hang that in our new garage as a memory of the dump. We had to tear out the fence, our garden, move some of the sprinkler system and half the grass before they came, so it looks really, really awful in the backyard.
It's gone!And the next day....a new one! Needless to say, we still have a lot of work to do once it is complete. Paint, put up a new fence, and landscape the yard again, but we are getting pretty excited!We also had my Aunt Sharon and Holly in town this past week. Isabelle couldn't get enough of Holly and Holly was so good at entertaining Belle. They had a great time at Heritage Square, the Apex Center, and spending the night together.
Isabelle's first time riding amusement park rides. She had a permanent smile on her face the entire time, along with tons of giggling!I went on this twirl a whirl thing with Belle and it was one of the worst things I've ever done. It literally did not stop spinning for about 5 minutes straight. Isabelle laughed the whole time while I waited desperately for the moment the stupid thing stopped. Sorry Jamie. Have fun going on the any ride that spins with our kids because I pass. The Merry Go Round is more my style. Nice and slow! I'll do the go-carts too.Ferris wheel with Papa. One of his favorites.Papa's shoes and if you look close you can see little Belle's shoe.The maze in Evergreen.Mom's Birthday celebration. Isabelle picked out all the party favors, hats, and plates. I loved it!And just some random cuteness. Belle is already dressing up her little brother. We can't wait to see what she does when he gets older.

1 comment:

The O'Reillys said...

OMG that last picture is adorable of Mark and Belle! Your garage looks so great, I won't show the pictures to George because he'll be so jealous you had a mini excavator in your yard!