Monday, April 2, 2012

One Year Old!

We have been so busy lately, so this post is approximately two weeks old. You will need to go back in time to March 19.

March 19, 2011
March 19, 2012 
One year ago today marks one of the greatest days ever! Mark James entered our lives and made everything just a little more perfect than it already was! Words cannot explain how much we love him. Although I try to share as much as I can about our two kids as they grow up, nothing that I say really touches on the reality of what they bring to our lives. For one to truly understand the joys of these two, you have to be there to see the moments, feel the moments, and hear the moments. Those moments make our hearts pour out more love than we ever imagined we had.

There are so many things we will remember and cherish about Mark. This first year only marks a smidget of what is still to come. Although there are a thousand things I could write, I will only list a few. The rest will be those moments that will stay in our memory forever and moments that me and Jamie can share together and with Mark as he grows up.

Here are some photos from his first birthday party, along with a few of the thousand things we love about Mark.........
  
 
 
 
A little help from his big sis


"Can I eat this?"

"Not bad!"
 

 Mark is seriously the sweetest thing ever. He loves more than anything to be carried around. We especially love how he holds on to us with both hands. One hand gripping the front of your shirt, the other hand gripping the back of your shirt. If you're not holding him then he will just hang on to your leg.

We will never forget the days and nights of rocking him in our arms in our glider. He still loves to do this (so does Isabelle) and I especially love the moment as he stares up at my face, touches it, strokes my cheek, mouth, ears, and hair. Each day I notice him getting bigger and bigger, but I still feel the same peacefulness as I rock him. He does the same thing with Jamie and it is so sweet to see.

 Mark's giant, constant smile makes us smile no matter what kind of mood we are in. He is one extremely happy baby.

Although the moments of him sleeping with us have come to an end, we will always remember him cuddling up to us. The best part for me was when he would take his head and put it right on top of my head, then turn so we were cheek to cheek. Not the most comfortable, but definitely made my heart melt.

Mark really gets a kick out of dropping things to the ground and watching someone pick it up. He also loves to stick things inside of cups or bowls. He will spend forever sticking a straw inside the cup hole, taking out, and sticking it back in, over and over.

He has become very verbal and very loud. Pointing to something and squealing extremely loud is a common occurrence these days. He is starting to use sign which is becoming very helpful because man, this boy is loud when he sees or needs something.

We love hearing Mark wake up in the morning or from his nap as he talks and plays in his crib. The second you walk in, you get the biggest smile ever and then the biggest hug when you pick him up. There is nothing better than that.

Happy Birthday Mark! We love you tons and tons!
Love-Mommy, Daddy, and big sis Belle

 

2 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

What a sweet boy! I can't believe he is 1! I love the pictures of him eating his cake. He seriously could not be any cuter. We need to get all these kiddos together this summer!

The O'Reillys said...

He is so sweet, Michelle! It seems like yesterday that I was visiting you and Mark in the hospital. Happy birthday, Mark!