Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Weeks Worth

Last weekend I went to Glenwood Springs to visit my sister and her kids. Isabelle, Mark, and I camped in the trailer with my parents, which Isabelle thought was extra fun. Unfortunately, Jamie couldn't come because he had to work, but he also got a whole nights sleep without a baby waking him 3-4 times :) I didn't get too many pictures, but Noah and Belle had a GREAT time playing together and Will and Mark enjoyed meeting each other for the first time.

Noah and Belle went swimming at the pool at my sister's hotel and we also went to the hotsprings pool. It was fun to watch them swim and jump into the water.
Motor boat with Nana...
Will was totally fascinated with Mark. I have never seen a baby smile and stare as much as he did. I think he's pretty excited to grow up with Mark!! These two just hung out in the stroller watching Noah and Belle and entertaining each other with their babble talk.

Noah and Belle taking a little break after playing hard at the playground.
We had a great trip and we loved watching the kids play together. They get along so well and you can tell they really love each other. The only thing that was rough was the drive home (which I am trying to erase from my memory.) Mark really wanted nothing to do with the drive back which made for an extra long drive and was really tough on me. I'm not sure he is ready for long road trips yet. I think we'll have a relaxing summer at home this year :)

Here are some photos of sisterly love. This is pretty much how Belle spends her day-constantly trying to take care of Mark. I have to say she does a pretty good job, other than when she lays on top of him to hug him about 8 times a day. She hasn't really figured out that she is quite a bit heavier than him. We're working on trying to lay next to him. She reads to him daily.

Finally, a side hug! (which came after a slight "on top, smooshing hug")Mark really loves to watch and listen to his mobile and fish aquarium in his crib. Our challenge is keeping Belle out of the crib so he can actually have some alone time.
Papa's Birthday!Belle informed us all that we forgot the party hats. A real disappoint. So, we went and searched for some new party hats which went over quite well!Belle's favorite.....chocolate peanut butter cake and her silly faces that we see quite often now!
Happy Birthday, Papa! We had a great time celebrating with you!!

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

How cute is Belle with Mark? OMG, I love the pics of the 2 of them! And isn't it so awesome having your kiddos grow up with their cousins? They will have such great memories of each other :-)
PS-Mac went through about a 6 week phase between 3-4 1/2 months where every.single.car.trip was a total nightmare. I got stuck in traffic for 2 hours alone with him once and I about had a nervous breakdown. I feel your pain, and I am here to tell you it will (hopefully) be a short lived phase for Mark too!